Home >> Join Our Troupe
Do You Want More from Your Belly Dance Experience?
Ever thought about joining our student troupe Nazeem Alsabah?
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for beginner level and intermediate level Nazeem Allayl
Yes, Beginners! :-) We are definitely not looking for a "finished
product" dancer and actually tend to recruit beginners, because we have
a very distinct style and want troupe members who are able to easily
adapt & develop their dance into that style. We are looking for
L: Atlanta Streets Alive'12 C: GA Aquarium '10 R: The Opera '09
Who is Nazeem Alsabah and why should YOU want to be a troupe member?
Nazeem Alsabah is a fabulous and very talented group of women, who have
formed a sisterhood within our studio. Troupe members come from all
over the U.S. and as far away as Japan. We are from diverse
backgrounds, but all share a deep love for and commitment to belly
dance, our studios, performing, and educating the public about belly
dance. Being in Nazeem Alsabah gives dancers an opportunity to
seriously challenge themselves and develop their talent and
performance skills in a way that would not be possible with any other
group or anywhere else. It is also a wonderful way to bond with other
dancers, make friends, and have a lot of fun while doing something you
What do YOU get out of being in Nazeem Alsabah?
- You get to surround yourself with serious dancers and be a part of a
very prestigious group.
- be a member of an actual troupe with all the joys that go along with that.
- perform A LOT and represent the dance and the studios that you love.
- surround yourself with all things belly dance and learn more about every
aspect of belly dance - the culture, the music, the mystique, where
it's been and where it is going.
- develop your talent, get more individual critique and hone your
- wear very fabulous costumes and be adored by thousands of people!
L: Haflanta'12 C: Egyptian Nights '04 R: Red Light Cafe '03
What’s involved in being a member of Nazeem Alsabah?
A lot of your experience depends on what you want and your level of
commitment to dance and to the troupe. Generally speaking, all of the
troupes rehearse on Sundays. At the moment Alsabah meets from
11am-1pm. Troupe activities take place at all three studios. In
preparation for larger events, like the Studio Shows, troupe members
will have more intense rehearsal schedules, which might include
meeting during the week and after classes. Nazeem Alsabah members are
also required to take weekly classes with Schadia, the director. More
details will be given at the information meeting.
L: Dogwood Festival '08 C: Arabian Nights'06 R: Egyptian Nights '05
What do YOU need to do in order to enter the Audition Process?
- Fill Out an Application (required)
Please submit an application to audition for Nazeem Alsabah on or
before Monday, April 14th, 2014.. The forms are available at the studios
as well as online. Please ask your instructor how to get one and how to
submit it. You are also welcome to e-mail Schadia
- Show You Want to be a Student of the Nazeem Allayl Studios & Perform (required)
* All auditioners must currently be attending classes at one of the Nazeem Allayl Studios or have taken classes within the last 4 months.
* All auditioners must have or will participate in at least one of our Studio Shows (next one is April 12th, 2014) & perform at one or our Haflas (Dance Party) @ PTC Studio. You are welcome to perform a solo and/or as part of group dance w/ other students.
- Come to the Nazeem Alsabah Information Meeting (optional, but highly recommended)
We’ll have an Informational Meeting at the Brookhaven Studio in early April 2014. During this meeting
Schadia will answer any questions that you have. While we are all together,
we will also discuss and schedule the activities of the Audition process as well as the
actual auditions. We will try to accommodate everyone’s schedule as best as we can.
Ask Schadia! You can message her on Facebook (Schadia Nazeem Allayl)
or e-mail her at email@example.com